I am a pool lover and own a private pool as well. It is fun to lie in the clear blue water. However pool requires routine care to keep it clean and healthy. It is not so cumbersome to keep it clean. You just need to follow certain tricks.
- Skim surface daily – Do skim the surface water daily. Debris which may be dried leaves or simply dust will take the beauty away from your lovely pool. Skimming daily using nets can help keep the surface clean and you will require to use lesser chlorine. The floating debris once sunk can be really hard to remove.
- Vacuum once a week – Use pool vacuum once a week to keep the water clear and lessen the use of chemicals. Check the filter every time for better results.
- Brush the walls weekly – Walls of the pool also need at least weekly cleaning to keep it sparkling. Do not ignore the walls as this is where dust will gather the most, and if kept unchecked fungus or algae will grow which is hard to remove.
- Clean pool filter every two weeks – The pool filter requires maintenance every two weeks. depending on the type of filter in your pool follow the cleaning procedure.
- Maintain proper level of water – A pool requires water to keep it alive and too less or too much water can damage the structure. Make sure the water level is optimum. Checking regularly will help.
- Do pH test of water – The water in the pool should be having a pH of between 7.2 to 7.8. Anything less or more is not healthy.
Just follow these simple tricks and your pool will be clean and a fun place to while away your free time.